Dürr receives Ford Motor Company´s World Excellence Award for second year in succession
Dearborn, May 31, 2017 – The Ford Motor Company has honored Dürr with a World Excellence Award for outstanding suppliers for the second year in succession. Dürr received the award in the “Gold Award” category for its work on upgrading and expanding the Ford Motor Company´s paint shop in Valencia, Spain and for jointly developing environment-friendly and flexible production concepts with the Ford Motor Company.
Bruno Welsch, President and CEO of Dürr North America, accepted the award from Hau Thai-Tang, Ford Group Vice President Global Purchasing, and said: “Our goal is to improve our customers’ production efficiency by means of innovative technologies and services. We are delighted that we have once again been able to demonstrate this expertise at Ford. The World Excellence Award will spur us on to perform outstandingly for Ford in future projects, too.”
In total, the Ford Motor Company presented World Excellence Awards to 54 suppliers. The award ceremony took place on May 17 at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.
Please click here to view a photo of the award ceremony.
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding automation expertise. Products, systems and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry. Dürr has 86 business locations in 28 countries. The Group generated sales of € 3.57 billion in 2016. The Group has around 14,400 employees and operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paintshops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing equipment as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery and equipment for the woodworking industry