iTAC.MES.Suite – Production Planning
The iTAC.MES.Suite Production Planning module takes care of a smooth and efficient production by creating synergies between the world of MES and Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS). Through mathematical optimization the most cost-effective production plan is compiled within the APS module. The results of this optimization are based on seven weighted target criteria that allow the operator to fine-tune the production plan in real-time. A variety of different factors needs to be taken into consideration. These include the availability of staff, material and machinery as well as their respective working schedules.
However, through the integration with the iTAC.MES.Suite non-static production factors are taken into consideration as well. The APS optimizes the production schedule in real-time based on feedback from the live production. If a task requires more time because of quality issues, the software adjusts the remaining processes in order to keep the production running smoothly. The integration of the APS module allows operators to respond to the dynamic behavior of modern automotive facilities more effectively and thus increase overall performance.
FUNCTIONS OF THE PRODUCTION PLANNING MODULE:
- Calculation of optimum production sequence
- Fine-tuning of sequence based on seven weighted criteria
- Visual representation of planning results
- Real-time feedback from production
- Manual modification of sequence
BENEFITS OF THE PRODUCTION PLANNING MODULE:
- Automatic optimization: Continuous re-calculation of sequence based on production feedback
- Cost-savings: Reduction of costs through maximized resource utilization
- Customizability: Manual sequence modification by operators
- Predictability: integration of maintenance tasks and equipment uptime